Jesus keeps his promise his way.
The power of the Word of God.
The joy of loving people.
For elaboration, read the whole thing.
Filed under Bible and Theology, Church, History, Ministry
Amen, the church is not a rocket. You are on a good path my friend, keep running.
I thank the Lord for His encouragement through this article!
Pingback: Jim Hamilton’s First Pastorate « Because of Grace
Pingback: Jim Hamilton’s First Pastorate « Connect First Blog
I so appreciate the honest comments. You are humble and real, and it encourages me to know you are teaching others who will be in “their first pastorate”.
Thank you for sharing your experiences and being so honest about them. This article was a great encouragement!
See you in class on monday!
I think your first point “Jesus keeps his promise his way” may be the hardest thing to not only learn, but to live your life like you believe it. It is SO easy to let our promises to ourselves become “Jesus’ promises.”
What I learned in my first pastorate-
1. If you preach God’s Word, not everybody will receive it faith and allow it to change their life-some people really will hate you.
2. If you preach the gospel, that is, the cross, then some dirty looking people will come in off the streets and be saved.
3. If they’re not dressed right some of the church people will be offended,
4. Many Americans in the churches would rather be pragmatic than biblical.
5. You better have a prayer life.
6. Fasting works.
This was a great post. A lot of insight and wisdom. Thanks for sharing.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 191 other followers